• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Got to sit in the 328 d series today

mrsops

LawnSite Silver Member
Went to a landscape show today got to sit in a few different machines. This year case, takeuchi, and gehl were not there i don't know why but who knows.

I must say the new john deere d series skid steers are definitely easier to get in and out of then the previous models. I liked the air ride seat which was nice. I did have to move the seat up a bit to see the corner of the buckets which wasn't a big deal. The interior of the machine is nice. i forgot who said you can see the tires with the loader arms all the way down that's bull, you can actually see very little of the front tire :confused: nothing at all in the back the loader arms are just so big they block everything. I don't know what is it about there skid steers they just look so bulky and big. I must say i thought it was easier to get into the d series then it was the cat c series. I Have a demo set up in a few weeks with deere.

Cat had there 289c there nice machine but rear visibility on that machine is actually scary you cant see a dam thing man its terrible. Side visibility was nice you can see the tracks of the machine. I don't know what it was about the visibility to the cutting edge but it was not good you had to lean forward to see the edges of the bucket maybe it was the bucket they had on there but deere and bobcat i felt were better. Air ride seat was nice.

Bobcat had there s650 there which was a real nice machine. All around visibility was better in this machine then the deere and cat and I'm not just saying this because i like bobcats it was. It was easier getting in this machine then it was the deere and cat and i will put any amount of money on it. The lcd screens and the interior is very nice. The cup holder is cheap. its amazing how deere, cat, and bobcat all there front doors look alike. The windshield wiper motor is not a big deal but it bigger then the previous models. The seat was nicer then the previous seat they had in there machine but wasn't as nice as deere and cats. They did tell me there is an upgraded air seat that you can order.

When it comes to servicing i think bobcat and cat had the edge over the deere.

SellingIron

LawnSite Senior Member
Maybe in 2-3 years I will get to see a D-Series machine. From what I'm hearing, most JD dealers are having a hard time just getting in stock machines.

Just looking at that boom, I could see why it would be hard to see the front and rears tires. I guess when you hit the side of a customers house, you are to close..

I can't wait to see BC new air seat!!!

DeereMan85

LawnSite Senior Member
Went to a landscape show today got to sit in a few different machines. This year case, takeuchi, and gehl were not there i don't know why but who knows.

I must say the new john deere d series skid steers are definitely easier to get in and out of then the previous models. I liked the air ride seat which was nice. I did have to move the seat up a bit to see the corner of the buckets which wasn't a big deal. The interior of the machine is nice. i forgot who said you can see the tires with the loader arms all the way down that's bull, you can actually see very little of the front tire :confused: nothing at all in the back the loader arms are just so big they block everything. I don't know what is it about there skid steers they just look so bulky and big. I must say i thought it was easier to get into the d series then it was the cat c series. I Have a demo set up in a few weeks with deere.

Cat had there 289c there nice machine but rear visibility on that machine is actually scary you cant see a dam thing man its terrible. Side visibility was nice you can see the tracks of the machine. I don't know what it was about the visibility to the cutting edge but it was not good you had to lean forward to see the edges of the bucket maybe it was the bucket they had on there but deere and bobcat i felt were better. Air ride seat was nice.

Bobcat had there s650 there which was a real nice machine. All around visibility was better in this machine then the deere and cat and I'm not just saying this because i like bobcats it was. It was easier getting in this machine then it was the deere and cat and i will put any amount of money on it. The lcd screens and the interior is very nice. The cup holder is cheap. its amazing how deere, cat, and bobcat all there front doors look alike. The windshield wiper motor is not a big deal but it bigger then the previous models. The seat was nicer then the previous seat they had in there machine but wasn't as nice as deere and cats. They did tell me there is an upgraded air seat that you can order.

When it comes to servicing i think bobcat and cat had the edge over the deere.
I don't think anyone said you can see the tires with the boom all the way down. You can see them if you put the boom up just a few inches.

The entry/exit and visibility preferences can be subjective, so agree to disagree. But as far as serviceability goes, the Deere just plain can't be beat. When you do your demo, have the salesman actually open the machine up and not just tell you how easy it is. I've demoed to several competitive owners already, and they all liked the serviceability better than their own brands.

And SellingIron, only the dealerships with extremely low sales volume would still be waiting on machines. I've already gotten 6 of them with 5 more shipping within a month, and we're not a huge dealer by any means.

NEUSWEDE

LawnSite Bronze Member
This year case, takeuchi, and gehl were not there i don't know why but who knows.
Funny that you say that because the big landscape show in New England in Boston both were no shows and they have both always been there in the past.

Maybe just cutting back on shows to save money, I know Gehl has been hurting on sales.

OP
M

mrsops

LawnSite Silver Member
Funny that you say that because the big landscape show in New England in Boston both were no shows and they have both always been there in the past.

Maybe just cutting back on shows to save money, I know Gehl has been hurting on sales.
Yeah same here they were there last year but not this year... I can see why gehl and case were not there i haven't seen a newer case or gehl skid steer in a while. But takeuchi you see them around.. I mean come on the jcb robot was there lol

NEUSWEDE

LawnSite Bronze Member
Yeah same here they were there last year but not this year... I can see why gehl and case were not there i haven't seen a newer case or gehl skid steer in a while. But takeuchi you see them around.. I mean come on the jcb robot was there lol
Didn't know they even still made the JCB robot haha.

Gehl came out with the V 270 last year first vertical lift from Gehl. Takeuchi I expected just because they are a big company and trying to compete with Cat and the "big dogs" but the show up here all around was smaller.

SellingIron

LawnSite Senior Member
DeereMan, When you sell 90 compact units in a year and $3mil. in sales, Then I will give a ShitZZ what you have to say.. If I ever get to see one, I will give you my 2 pennies worth..

stuvecorp

LawnSite Fanatic
Sops, how close are you to the Bronx? There is a Case dealer there and five dealers in Jersey, you need to check out a S3. Ask for a 440 or go for a big dog 465.:usflag:

DeereMan85

LawnSite Senior Member
DeereMan, When you sell 90 compact units in a year and $3mil. in sales, Then I will give a ShitZZ what you have to say.. If I ever get to see one, I will give you my 2 pennies worth..
Man, you're a ******. First off, you would have no idea how much I sell. Second, you would have to average $33,333 per unit, new and used, to total $3m on 90 units - highly unlikely, especially given today's used market. Third, screw yourself. I've run machines my whole life, so I think I know how to get in and out of a cab and look through windows whether I sell 1 unit or 100 this year. It also helps that I'm intelligent and not a mouth-breathing, knuckle-dragging simpleton, as evidenced by my ability to spell and form coherent sentences. I can't wait until you get canned again and come back on here begging for sympathy.

By the way, I don't only sell skids. Salesmen in my position sell anywhere from $3m to $15m a year. Sorry to burst your bubble, but you're not the hot shot you think you are.