• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Gotta love those tissues in the lawn.

T

troblandscape

I just started cutting on Thursday, I never saw so many tissues on my lawns before.... I picked most of them up, but did run over a few with the Z, :angry: It makes me very angry when one tissue can turn into 50 pieces..., do any of you guys have the same problem..... Throw your tissues in the trash@!!!!!!!!:blob2:

Eric 1

LawnSite Bronze Member
Never had that problem....but what i hate is the dang hoses, the green ones that blend in with thick grass, and get rapped around the blades......:angry:

T

troblandscape

Originally posted by Eric 1
Never had that problem....but what i hate is the dang hoses, the green ones that blend in with thick grass, and get rapped around the blades......:angry:
or worst yet the dog chains :blob2: :blob2: I almost hit a few of them and if I did I would have been pissed:blob2: :blob2:

Lbilawncare

LawnSite Bronze Member
I hate it when it is really windy and they blow under the deck. I usually move them with my ez reach, or discharge side. At least I haven't ran over any hidden newspapers- a former employee did once and it was UNreal the mess it made.

T

troblandscape

I hit a sunday paper with a snowblower...... Wow, it was a seen....

Eric 1

LawnSite Bronze Member
Originally posted by troblandscape
or worst yet the dog chains :blob2: :blob2: I almost hit a few of them and if I did I would have been pissed:blob2: :blob2:
Yep i hit one, it messed the blades up, but the worst part was, i had seen it and thought to go around it. But i forgot.....:cry:

T

troblandscape

Originally posted by Eric 1
Yep i hit one, it messed the blades up, but the worst part was, i had seen it and thought to go around it. But i forgot.....:cry:
Messing up my blades is one thing....... the chain coming out of the ground braking and smacking my face is another!!!!! Thats what i worry about.

bastalker

LawnSite Senior Member
yeah..... I hate the tissues that ust jump right out in front of ya, an cause ya more work. Problem is, I just say, hell, no problem, I will just run over em again a suck em up....Now ya got a thousand pieces!!! Just did it once though....Learned ta pick em up real fast!!;) ;) :D

dlandscaping

LawnSite Senior Member
i hit a sunday paper, boston globe with an ariens 1332 before. Didnt come out the shoot, wish it did. 3 hours later it was out and my hands were freezing.