1. Is Landscaping An “Essential Business” In Your Region?
    Read the timely article from Turf addressing this question. Click here to learn more.

COVID-19 Safety Procedures For Landscapers
    As you are working out in the field, maximize safety for you, your crews, and customers. Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

Gould Pump Question

Discussion in 'Irrigation Pumps & Supplies' started by Gman2310, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Gman2310

Gman2310 LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

I recently bought a house last year. It has well pump for irrigation. The pump is a gould j10s pump. The housing on it was cracked. I replaced the housing and the pump worked great for a week and then the motor seized up on it. I was just going to replace the pump instead of throwing parts at it. My question is, is the J10s the right pump or should i be looking at another series, like a GT10s. The pump is only used for lawn and irrigation.

2. enorl76

enorl76 LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Orlando, FL

Well the question begs to be answered, what kind of GPM / PSI are we looking at? Number of zones / heads per zone / type of heads?

Its usually best to replace with the same pump, assuming the original is correctly sized for the job.

3. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

the J10 is a jet pump and the GT10 is a centrifugal - jet pumps give more pressure, and sprinkler systems require pressure