Government Mowing Contract

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by curry, Jul 3, 2001.

  1. curry

    curry LawnSite Member
    Messages: 211

    I am going to bid on a COR property contract. The contract specs indicate that pesticide and herbicide be applied on the property(approximately 40,000 sq ft) I do not have a pesticide license. Can I sub-contract the spraying to a friend that is licensed? Also, do you have to have a license to spread fertilizer? What would the going rate be to do this.
  2. sunrise

    sunrise Banned
    Messages: 247

    Yea you will need a lic. to use fert.
    Also watch ever step you do useing pesticides you will have a least two inspection of you job and records.
    nd getting paid from the is slow 30 plus days.
  3. KirbysLawn

    KirbysLawn Millenium Member
    Messages: 3,485

    Here in NC you do not need a license to apply just fertilizer, if it has any additives then you do. Check with your local ag. agency.
  4. LoneStarLawn

    LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,415

    If you are in Waco, Texas you will not need a license for just Fert.
  5. smburgess

    smburgess LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 467

    Also check your specs, sometimes they have to approve of subcontractors.
  6. Fantasy Lawns

    Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,912

    we do work for the state .... sub out the pest work ... yes they pay net 30 BUT they PAY GOOD n right on time ...each time ... not just anyone can bid, they like large liability insurance & WC .... consistent n realiable work ... good luck ;->
  7. trey_bernhardt

    trey_bernhardt LawnSite Member
    Messages: 23

    I have several years owning businesses where I have held several government contracts. and a lot of getting paid is to do proper billing. I routinely sub-contract all types work to other that have proper license plus add my per centage. This is called business. I make all sub-contractors sign a NO COMPETE agreement where they agree to pay me a set fee should they "steal" my customer.
    Trey Bernhardt

  8. bohiaa

    bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic
    Messages: 5,220

    NO you cant.

    unless it's approved by the engineer, I'm taking it that you have never done Government work before.
  9. trey_bernhardt

    trey_bernhardt LawnSite Member
    Messages: 23

    Here it is February 2010 * I made it through the winter. Now spring is right around the corner. I shall start advertising for SPRING CLEANING & property cleanup services. Keeps the kiddies fed & spending money in the wife's pocket. I only haul stuff to BFI & Waste Management Dump sites so if you do clean up remember dump charges. I had a terrible accident a couple weeks back when a guy made a left into my truck. We crashed headon (55 mph crash)& demolished my truck. But back to work in a rental truck, now keeping up 5 Walmart & Sams properties monthly. At least we eat! Praise the Lord.


Share This Page