Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by roses4me, Apr 25, 2006.

  1. roses4me

    roses4me LawnSite Member
    from 20720
    Messages: 1

    When you have a yard that is 350 feet in depth and the grade is only on a slope that is 6 1/2 inches from the front of the home to the street, how can this be corrected. Water settles in the middle of the yard similar to a large POND. The edges near the driveways are 5 inches higher than the rest of the yard causing water to drain to the middle of the yard and sit for days. Is there an inexpensive way to correct this problem? Thank you!
  2. upidstay

    upidstay LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT
    Messages: 1,564

    Put a drain in the center or fill in the "pond" area to raise it up. Water wants to go down hill it just sounds like down hill isn't where you want it to be. Or just turn it into a pond outright. Put down a liner and filter system, add some rocks around it, some fish.

Share This Page