Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
1,647 Posts
I have been searching for growth regulators for my kale production.

Everything is sprayable.

But was at a seminar a while back, think they said something about a granular formulation in the works. Would have been nice this year

·
Registered
31 Posts
The Andersons company makes a growth retardent called "Govenor", I order it direct from Andersons, comes 45 bags per pallet @ $22.00 per bag that includes shipping. Works awesome. Depending on the turf you are dealing with, i applied it to Bahaia and it is applied @ 14lbs per 1000 sq ft. anyone interested I can get you phone #'s etc. email me at; [email protected] Lesco also makes one it is in liquid form 2.5 gals for $300.00 +

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
rluscomb said:
The Andersons company makes a growth retardent called "Govenor", I order it direct from Andersons, comes 45 bags per pallet @ $22.00 per bag that includes shipping. Works awesome. Depending on the turf you are dealing with, i applied it to Bahaia and it is applied @ 14lbs per 1000 sq ft. anyone interested I can get you phone #'s etc. email me at; [email protected] Lesco also makes one it is in liquid form 2.5 gals for $300.00 +
Talked to the Scotts rep today and they dont sell Governer in IL yet.

Forgot to ask the particulars on the product though. You mentioned 14 lbs per 1000 sf. is that right, 140 lbs per 10000 (1/4 acre)

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
The Governor + 5-0-10 that we're selling here in CT is a 32 lb bag which treats 4500-6300 sf on high-cut turf. Great stuff if spraying is difficult or the supplemental potassium is needed especially on smaller fields/lawns/etc.

Governor is great where spraying raises "concerns".

Larger or less "politically sensitive" areas are still more likely to be sprayed with Primo.

http://www.andersonsgolfproducts.com/PDF/Products/AGC5WGR32_spec.pdf

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.