• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

Graphite paint on mower deck?

SoloSulkySurfer

LawnSite Member
I was at Tractor Supply today and saw a graphite spray paint intended for farm equipment and lawn mowers. It is suppose to prevent the clumping of grass on the mower deck. I was wondering if anyone has tried this sort of product and if so does it work? I have tried silicone spray before but it doesn't seem to last long enough.

PS. Tractor supply has a ton of useful things for a lco(tires for mowers way cheaper then dealer price, rims, cheap fertilizer and seed, and a ton of cool things for trailer. For you jersey guys (rt 57 Washington twp., NJ)

JoshC

LawnSite Member
I've used that stuff under my Toro deck before and it was decent. I only bought one can of it and wasn't able to find it again so I didn't get to mess with it much. It worked better than nothing, but I wouldn't say it's all that great either.

dasjuice

LawnSite Member
just spend a few hours earlier today sanding/cleaning/preping my mower deck for graphite paint. i put 4 coats on, the stuff trys very quickly. I used the stuff from Tractor supply called EZ-Slide. Bought one gallon and brushed it on. teshing it out tomorrow on 7 lawns. Its been very rainy here and am tired of scraping so much grass off my mower. will repost the results of the paint.

DLAWNS

LawnSite Fanatic
Just throwing this out there-try Fluid Film. The stuff works great on my mowers as well as prevents rust and is also a lubricant. You can PM Dano50 for a sample. Good luck!

Shasta Lake Landscaping

LawnSite Senior Member
I just take a few minutes and clean the deck out, it doesnt have to be super clean, whats it take 60seconds to get down and scrape it out? I just use a plastic scraper so it doesnt chip the paint. Its also a good time to check thing's out underneath your deck.