1. Trouble Finding PPE, Sanitizer, and Cleaning Supplies?

    How can you get what you need for the safety of your crews? Click here to learn more.

    Dismiss Notice

grass catchers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawn Ranger, Apr 22, 2000.

  1. Lawn Ranger

    Lawn Ranger Guest
    Messages: 0

    does any one know where we can get the new style grass catcher for our wb's,,they are side mounted,shaped like a garbage can,made of heavy duty fiberglass,hold just as much as the metal grass gobbler,i saw them on another crews truck and he said his boss bought 6 of them and that they are the greastest !!!!,,but the guy said he has no idea where his boss got them at,,any info you guys have would be great !!!
  2. lbmd1

    lbmd1 LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 462

    Lawnranger,<br> I beleive what you are talking about is called the grasspacker. It is made of a red resin based plastic. I had one for my walk behind and kept it for the one lawn I bag to mount on my z rider. I wouldn't say it works super, don't even try it if the grass is damp or wet, it will clog the small opening. It is ok on dry grass and leaves but you constantly have to un clip it, tap it down and continue on. I liked it better than the old hard shelled unit I had on an earlier machine though. You might try a mesh metal screened catching unit, they seem to suck more air into it creating a better vacumn. I think Stone has catchers for his toro that he likes, maybe he'll let you know what he uses. If you want to order the grasspacker, Landscapers supply has them for $229. plus shipping. 1-800-222-4303<p>Mike
  3. Wright mfg jumbo 4.3 cu ft are $160.<br>Buy a bracket for each machine for $15 ea.<p>They pack full and work good with 44&quot;-52&quot;-<br>62&quot; toros with high lift blades. <p>I am going to buy a leaf extension $140 before fall and will report my findings if<br>it can pack thatch and leaves.<p>At a $175 a metal bagger is a alternative<br>to those $1500 ztr baggers.
  4. sue

    sue LawnSite Member
    Messages: 38

    stine, how heavy are they when they are full? is it alot of weight?
  5. sue

    sue LawnSite Member
    Messages: 38

    oops i meant stone.
  6. A wright jumbo is 23 lbs. The weight of the<br>clippings will depend on the abilities of the<br>mower to pack the bag, and the amount of<br>water contained in the clippings.<p>If one can handle 50 lbs of fert they will be<br>able to sling the baggger around.
  7. sue

    sue LawnSite Member
    Messages: 38

    Thanks was just curious.

Share This Page