• How has the weather been in your neck of the woods?
    We are looking for feedback from our membership to see how/what the weather has been like in your area. Please Click here to take our Winter Weather Survey, we would appreciate it.

Grass catchers

sproutlscape

LawnSite Member
Please comment.
I need to buy a grass catcher for my Scag Z. I'm not sure what to go with, a clam-shell or a Fabric 3 bag. 75% of my accounts that I bag have a place to dump on site.
Thanks
:blob3:

tiedeman

LawnSite Fanatic
I like fabric baggers better. They are a lot lighter to deal with.

locutus

LawnSite Bronze Member
I like accelerator catchers for walk-behinds. I dont think it would fit the bill for your situation however.

gogetter

Banned
Seems like a no brainer to me. Why would you want to get off the mower and manually empty 3 fabric bags, when you could just back up to the spot and pull a lever, dump and off ya go for more without ever having to get off the mower.

Danimal

LawnSite Member
I'm with gogetter you won't get grass all over yourself like you sometimes can in windy situations. I've worn out bags never seen a clamshell catcher rot.

John Gamba

LawnSite Fanatic
The clam shell bagger on the tiger is a very big and heavy bagger. The three bagger is a lot lower and if you have to dump into the truck its a lot easier then on the ground forking it in. For less money get the accelerator with the extension and have up to 10 bushels and they dont clog in wet. Easy on and off too!>
John

962--500.jpg

John Gamba

LawnSite Fanatic
See in the pic here how LOW the bagger is. I can get under any trees with this one. The clam-shell we tryed on the tiger would not go under anything.
Try to demo both.
John

805-400.jpg