1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Grass has brown tips?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by jpp, Apr 20, 2005.

1. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Fanatic
    from zone 6

If every lawn displays same tip problem , change your blades out more often. Dull blades usually leave white tips though. Brown tips are can follow a fertilizer application and usually goes away with cutting.

2. marko

marko LawnSite Senior Member

Good call. The point Im trying to make is maybe its a dull mower blade, maybe its not.

3. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

Hey Meg Mo,

Do you have a link? I do not see any sponsors links on my page of lawnsite.

Thanks,

JP

4. jpp

MMLawn,

I change my blade every two days. I went back and double checked the number of lawns. It is more like between 40 and 50 lawns that I do before changing. I thought about going to every day of changing blades. It only take a few minutes each day.

JP

5. jpp

Funny you posted this. Talked to the customer today and she said it was fertilzed the morning I cut it. I was there late in the afternoon. The took the sign down.

6. marko

marko LawnSite Senior Member

Well there you have it! Good call Dishboy, was not the blades at all. I would try to get two sets of blades and rotate every day if you are cutting 20 or so a day. Take care

7. jpp

That's just it. I have plenty of blades. Three sets for each mower. I might go out and invest in another set so I have four. I guess it just freaked me out that this was really the first time I have seen this. Thanks for the input.

JP

8. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

www.meg-mo.com

9. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

I beg to differ........

10. Heller Landscaping

Heller Landscaping LawnSite Member

I Had this same thing happen on some of my lawns last year in the spring
    talked to the guys at Lesco and found out that it was the grass bur-oil or something like that it was fine later on in the year. hope this will help.