1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Grass in mulch beds

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by smoothbore2004, Apr 20, 2008.

1. smoothbore2004

smoothbore2004 LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Hey guys not really a landscaper but I am responsible for taking care of mulch/flower beds. This spring I was at one of my stops doing the spring cleaning and I could not believe how much grass and I mean well developed grass that was growing in the mulch and all through the flowers. It took me over an hour to pull as much as I could out. Now I know I am gonna be fighting this all summer and not to mention the weeds. I did put down a product called Snapshot by lesco. Hope this will control any weeds that have not popped up yet. But I dont think it works on grass. What do you suggest to use to stop it and not hurt any of the flowers or shrubs? What do you suggest I can use to get rid of any other grass that I might have missed.

2. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

good luck I would try round up if you can then. Keep pulling a way

3. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

did you water in the snapshot? also check the label but I think snapshot ain't the best thing for annuals, and also get them to bag their clipping or at least make a few passes around your beds w/ them blowing clipping away instead of into.

4. Trenchblade

Trenchblade LawnSite Senior Member

what king of turf do you have ?