1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

grass seed

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by haybaler, Mar 10, 2007.

1. haybaler

haybaler LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

I'm looking for a reasonably priced good weed free, quick germinating, medium traffic, medium sun grass seed. Basicly I want the ultimate grass seed that does well in all conditions and is cheap. I've tried one's from walmart, home depot, local hardware/nursery stores from contractors to premium(mixed results). But I want to buy bulk this year in the spring and be set for the year. Anyone have any recomendations? Lesco ect...?

2. PSUturf

PSUturf LawnSite Senior Member

You get what you pay for. Spend the extra few cents a pound and buy premium seed. Lesco has several blends. It sounds like you need a blend of Kentucky Blue, Perennial rye, and fine fescue - something that will grow in all areas of a lawn.

3. Accu-cut Lawn Care

Accu-cut Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

I use and swear by Lesco seed products. I use their teammates blend of 80% triple fescue blend and 20% perennial rye a lot. The color is awesome...and the turf is so strong that I can 360 my ztr's in it without leaving a scuff. It's very weed free too.