• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Grass seed

Androyy

LawnSite Member
Hey guys, im starting up a lawn care service, and im wondering were to buy grass seed, (not from home depot) im in NJ. Even if ur not from around here, how could i find were to go or what to look up? please help me.

lawns Etc

LawnSite Silver Member
Hey guys, im starting up a lawn care service, and im wondering were to buy grass seed, (not from home depot) im in NJ. Even if ur not from around here, how could i find were to go or what to look up? please help me.
Go to your closest John Deere Landsdcapes or a farm supply
Posted via Mobile Device

lawns Etc

LawnSite Silver Member
Go to your closest John Deere Landsdcapes or a farm supply
Posted via Mobile Device
In Nj also you are required to have a nj home improvement contractors license to put down seed and even mulch. Don't even attempt to use weed killers without a pest license the DEP doesn't play
Posted via Mobile Device

Merkava_4

LawnSite Bronze Member
In Nj also you are required to have a nj home improvement contractors license to put down seed and even mulch. Don't even attempt to use weed killers without a pest license the DEP doesn't play
Posted via Mobile Device

You're kidding right? You have to have a contractor's license
to lay down seed and they won't let you pump your own gas either? :dizzy:

topsites

LawnSite Fanatic
You're kidding right? You have to have a contractor's license
to lay down seed and they won't let you pump your own gas either? :dizzy:
I would recommend checking into the requirements for such a license,
I'm sure the regulations vary from state to state but just for example
in some states any contract over a thousand dollars requires one.

That having been said, I don't think you'd need a contractor's license for dropping an 80 dollar bag of seed thou.

IN2MOWN

LawnSite Platinum Member
Got to a nursey.

And if you need a license to put seed or mulch down I suggest you move out of that state.

ALC-GregH

LawnSite Fanatic
Posted via Mobile Device
I would recommend checking into the requirements for such a license,
I'm sure the regulations vary from state to state but just for example
in some states any contract over a thousand dollars requires one.

That having been said, I don't think you'd need a contractor's license for dropping an 80 dollar bag of seed thou.
TS, Lawns ETC. LIVES in NJ. I'm sure he knows whether a contractor's license is required to put seed down. Yeah it's stupid to require that but according to him, it is.

IN2MOWN

LawnSite Platinum Member
TS, Lawns ETC. LIVES in NJ. I'm sure he knows whether a contractor's license is required to put seed down. Yeah it's stupid to require that but according to him, it is.

Per the New Jersey contractor website:

Any remodeling, altering, painting, repairing, renovating, restoring, moving, demolishing, or modernizing of a residential structure is considered home improvement work. This includes work on the following:driveways garages
sidewalks basements and basement waterproofing
swimming pools fire protection devices
terraces security protection devices
patios central heating and air conditioning equipment
landscaping water softeners
fences heaters
porches purifiers
windows solar heating or water systems
doors insulation installation
cabinets aluminum siding
kitchens wall-to-wall carpeting
bathrooms attached or inlaid floor coverings