• PPP The Second Time Around
    The Emergency Coronavirus Relief Act of 2020 passed in December contained $284 billion for the renewed Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). Click here to read the article.

Grass Seed

dmk395

LawnSite Bronze Member
Hi,

I am in southeastern MA, and it is starting to get cold. I have a customer who wants a 2ft x 15ft area seeded with Bluegrass seed. First what would you guys charge?, I figure I will only need a few pounds of seed and lime, but about a half yard of loam. Also should i wait till next spring or complete the job now?

thanks,
Dave

Scraper

LawnSite Bronze Member
Personally I would wait til next year as it is too cold for gertmination of bluegrass seed. This is not to say you can't do it, but by the time germination occurs, most of the seed will be either washed away or eaten. Charge would depend on what all needed to be done, but if it was just prep seed bed and "toss" seed and starter I'd say $60-75.

jeffyr

LawnSite Senior Member
At this time of the year, why don't you talk them into bluegrass sod ? Instant lawn for winter, happy customer, and fatter wallet.

jeffyr

ant

LawnSite Silver Member
I AM GOING W/ jeff sod is were its at this time of the season.
<b>but<b/>
if he insits
you can allways cover it with row cover and pin it down,but the blue seed scares me,to cold.
anthony