1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Grass Trail

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by markjenna, May 17, 2004.

1. markjenna

markjenna LawnSite Member

I have a 20/52 fastrak and when I mow 3" It leaves a trail of grass where i just mowed. No the grass is not wet and I am not going 100mph. It does get better at 3.5" but is this dull blades or too much build up under the deck. I have the stock blades on, and it just started to do this. Is it also possible that the grass is just to long, I don' t think so. It does this even if i go sloooow. Also should I get new blades, gator or something. I am a homeowner with 2 acres. Also if I mower 2 acres a week how often should I sharpen the blades, I know it may depend on different things, but just a guess would be fine. Mark.

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Sounds like you are taking to much off in a single pass.
    If raising it a 1/2 inch helped, you will either need to mow more often or higher.
    I would also check your blades, make sure they are always sharp and there is not a build up of grass under the deck.
    Gators may also help the situation by shredding the grass into finer clippings.

Pj