Grasshopper 100 series vs gravely pro turn

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Matt’s lawncare, Oct 19, 2017.

1. Matt’s lawncare

Matt’s lawncare LawnSite Member

I’m in the market for a new zero turn and I have two dealers nearby. One sells grass hopper and the other gravely. I’ve had pretty good luck with gravely in the past but the grass hopper dealer swears by his machines and they look better built compared to gravely. The grasshopper is the 100 series model with a Kohler motor and the gravely is a pro turn with a Kawasaki. Both are 52 inches and only a few hundred dollars different in price. Can anyone give me feedback on either of these two mowers?
    Thanks in advance.

2. GoPappy

GoPappy LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't know anything about the Grasshopper 100 series, but Grasshoppers in general are well built.

Matt’s lawncare likes this.
  3. Matt’s lawncare

Matt’s lawncare LawnSite Member

That’s what I was unsure of. It seems like most of the other companies use the same brand motors and hydros is different configurations but the grasshoppers use Parker which I haven’t heard anything good or bad about them.

4. GoPappy

GoPappy LawnSite Bronze Member

Parkers have been around a long time and have been used in a lot of commercial equipment over the years. They are tough and dependable. The reason you don't see them as much these days is due to cost, not reliability.

They were standard fare on commercial zero turns back when separate pumps and wheel motors were the thing. Then the Hydrogear and other brands of integrated transaxles came along and they became the thing.