• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Grasshopper edge-eze attachment

Mowing Freak

LawnSite Senior Member
Have acquired a Grasshopper mower and was wondering if anybody either has one or has had experience with an edger attachment from Grasshopper. If so, how well do you like it?

N.TX

LawnSite Senior Member
I tried one and had no luck with it....but then again I hear that some people like them. Might be ok if you were edging miles of medians or something and quality wasnt a big issue

Mowingman

LawnSite Platinum Member
That attachment works great on long stretches of edging. Takes a little getting used to though. Edge Eze made the first units for Grasshopper. Then, Grasshopper acquired the rights to make them themselves. Grasshopper reengineered them a lot to improve them.
When I was a dealer, we sold quite a few to local citys. They were very impressed with them, and have since come back to purchase additional Edge Eze attachments.
They will cut a nice notch along pavement, and that really reduces edging time for those areas during future mowings.
They use the attachment maybe once every two to three months, then do just minor edging where needed, with handhelds, on the other mowings in between
They really work well on St. Augustine and Bermuda grass in this area.

OP
M

Mowing Freak

LawnSite Senior Member
Thanks for all the replies, may buy one after the season starts as I do have a lot of sidewalks and curbs to do and it will save a lot of walking that I do (yes that's do) need to be doing anyway!

Last edited: