1. Trouble Finding PPE, Sanitizer, and Cleaning Supplies?

    How can you get what you need for the safety of your crews? Click here to learn more.

    Dismiss Notice

Grasshopper G2 Transmission Oil Change

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mowerman90, Jun 22, 2000.

  1. mowerman90

    mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,492

    I've got a Grasshopper 725 Kubota with the G2 transmission system and I can't seem to find out what type of hydro fluid to use in it. Yes, my dealer says use "Grasshopper part number so and so" but I really don't feel like paying $40+ for a gal of hydro oil. It's bad enough that they get $19.50 for the filter but I can't find a cross reference for it anywhere. I've e-mailed Grasshopper directly and asked for an oil spec but they haven't responded yet. Have any of you used a different hydro oil than the grasshopper part number oil? If so, how much and where do I find it?
  2. bob

    bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE
    Messages: 4,261

    I can't help you with the transmission oil,but the engine oil filter crosses with a Fram PH3593A . Thats for a 725G2. Its for cheaper than the dealer. Bob
  3. OP

    mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,492

    Thanks Bob. I can't wait for my dealer to see that shiny new "orange" Fram on my machine.
  4. ztrmower

    ztrmower LawnSite Member
    from florida
    Messages: 18

    Mowman,<br>The hoppers use Mobil DTE90 hydro fluid. You can buy this from anyone that sells heavy equipment parts like a semi truck shop. Make sure everything is clean when you change it. Contaminats can quickly ruin the pumps. At my shop we sell it in the 5 gallon bucket for 50 bucks. You can probably buy it cheaper if you look around.<br>David
  5. crfebres

    crfebres LawnSite Member
    Messages: 3

    David, I'm new to this forum but found your string on a seach. I live in a small town and am looking for Mobil DTE90 but can't find it. Did a search on Yahoo and still can't find it. What are the specs to see if I can find an equivalent. Thanks. Carlos

Share This Page