1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Grasshopper?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mowniacal, Mar 24, 2006.

1. mowniacal

mowniacal LawnSite Member

In the many, many posts (including some of my own) that ask which brand to buy, one common answer is that a main point is to go with a reputable dealer that will provide good service and also be in reasonable proiximity.

I have been looking mostly at eXmarks and Hustlers and like what I see and, within a 20-mile radius, I have access to most brands. But very close by is a Grasshopper dealer and I think I can get a good deal because I bought a tractor from them. They're good folks and provide good service, etc. The question is, do I want a Grasshopper?

The application is a mixture of lawn and field mowing. The latter consists of all kinds of weeds and grasses but none of it should be a real challenge to any decent mower. The field areas are a bit of a rough ride at times, however, even in a pick-up truck.

I am not a commercial operator, where I might be replacing this mower in a few years anyway. This might be my only mower forever. Should I consider the GH?

2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Grasshopper has come a long way since the 6MPH days.

3. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

Then I would want the Kubota Diesel that Grasshopper offers.

4. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

A-Men, Brother..........Kubota Diesel = Smooth !!!!!!!! :usflag:

5. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

I've owned 2 Grasshoppers, one with a 25hp Kabota and the other with a 20hp Kohler. I currently own a Hustler. IMHO Hustler wins hands down. I'd NEVER go back to a Grasshopper.

6. Bay de Noc Lawn Car

Bay de Noc Lawn Car LawnSite Member

mowerman90... What model year was that 25hp grasshopper?