1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

gravelt ZTR'S

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Danny Harrison, Feb 3, 2004.

1. Danny Harrison

Danny Harrison LawnSite Member

i now have agravely zt1640 for just starting my busisness ,
    but how does the gravely and exmark commercial mowers compare? i am new in all htis so any advice is great!

Thanks
    Danny:confused:

2. bayoulawn

bayoulawn LawnSite Member

shouldnt you have asked before you got your gravely?

3. Danny Harrison

i'm sorry, i ment i am considering another mower for a big account i just picked up. i will need two mowers, this one a little bigger and better. my zt1640 is really just a homeowner unit w/ 16hp briggs & stratton.

4. bayoulawn

How far are you from Tarpon Springs?

5. gr84

gr84 LawnSite Member

there is tons of difference i think the exmark is a better unit all the way around much stronger (built better) then any gravely i have seen. i also think you get better service with exmark you should look at there website i think you would like the exmark.
    p.s go try them out give them a test run we did before we got our exmark lazer hp 52" 23hp

6. Danny Harrison

bayoulawn; I am aprox. 1-2hrs. from Tarpon Springs. 35min. from Disney World! My wife is from Grant Parish (Winnfeild) LA.

7. Danny Harrison

Thank you gr84. Last week I went to the Gravely on tour in Jax. FL. It was pretty good. If price is close I'll go with exmark, from what you are saying and what I have heard I too think exmark is the better way to go! (exmark lazer hp 44'/20hp kohler?) I need no larger than 44' so I can fit in mobil home parks.

8. bayoulawn

Wow small world.
    I know several people from winnfield.

9. bayoulawn

I was going to suggest you look at a Bad Boy if there had been a dealer closer to you.

Bastrop is just northeast of Monroe.