1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Gravely 152iM XDZ

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by kxdub, Apr 15, 2010.

1. kxdub

kxdub LawnSite Member

Guys I am not in the business. I am a homeowner with a little over two acres. Our house is built on what used to be a farmer's field. It slopes and allows for a walk-out basement. My neighbor slopes toward our house, so we have a gulley between us that gets very wet when it rains. I purchased a Cub Cadet Zforce50 when we moved in. For various reasons after four years I just wasn't happy with it, and frankly hated how long it took me to mow. I wanted to cut down on my time, plus it clogged quite a bit down in the gulley. Well after researching all the major brands, visiting dealers, etc I purchased the Gravely. Today was the first I have mowed with it. WOW! I have never owned a commercial mower before, but it is fast (10 mph) and responsive. I was amazed. I was done in just over an hour. I am very pleased with my purchase. It is a 52 inch cut, and has a 23 hp Kawasaki engine. It cut through the gulley overgrowth and kept right on going. Took the hills with no problem, and I didn't tear up my yard but in one place. Just thought I would share. If you are looking for a good commercial grade mower, so far so good with my Gravely!

2. georgiagrass

georgiagrass LawnSite Senior Member

Gravely makes a great mower. We mostly run Walkers and Exmarks, but have one Gravely 52" 23 hp Kaw 152Z. The guys love it.