Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought an older Gravely 36" walk-behind to mow down these Foreslosure lawns which are usually 3-4' high.

I broke a drive belt and none of the local mower shops around here can ID it to give me the right belt. They just say that they could order 3-5 different ones and then I could return the wrong ones....... The catch is that they charge a 40% return fee on approved returns. I'm not getting screwed on that one!!!!

Approved Returns! I am fedup....... The mower is a 36" with 5 forward gears and reverse. It has a 14 hp Kohler engine and is pull-start. It has handles with the pull-levers on them for turning. I'll try to get a better pic if needed.

Anyone know what model this is?

Thanks in advance.

Joe

Plant Plant community Tree People in nature Natural landscape

·
Registered
731 Posts
there should be some sort of id tag on the mower that has model and serial number on it . if not i would just bring the old belt to the auto parts store,they should be able to match it up

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have looked high, low, under, on top, and everywhere else on the mower. I found a plate on the chasis right behond the motor but I can't read anything on it..... it's just old.

I took a belt to the auto parts store and they matched it up with what they had but I think mine is a 4L and all they carry are 3L belts. Anyway, there belt was too narrow and slipped bad.

I'll look at that plate again......

Thanks for the help so far.

Joe

·
Registered
480 Posts
looks like a "pro 200" series. The 150 series had the shifter by your knee and the 200 series had it up top like yours, when you pulled the lever it clutched and you could change gears and when you released the lever it re-engaged. If this is the case it is a pro 200 series. Hope this might help narrow it down...

Later!! chris

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
looks like a "pro 200" series. The 150 series had the shifter by your knee and the 200 series had it up top like yours, when you pulled the lever it clutched and you could change gears and when you released the lever it re-engaged. If this is the case it is a pro 200 series. Hope this might help narrow it down...

Later!! chris
Any idea about how old a Pro 200 is?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.