1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Gravely build quality.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ProStreetCamaro, Jul 19, 2004.

1. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

While we were at the Gravely dealer picking up our 34Z for gated yards I was looking at all the bigger models. Man was i impressed with the way these machines were built. They looked like you could drop a bomb on them and they would come out fine. Massive frames, massive front forks, massive front tires. EVERYTHING was MASSIVE. Next year I WILL be getting a new 152Z and getting rid of or keeping our 48' lazer hp as a back up mower.

2. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

the 200 series are really awesome. my 260 is a hoss of a mower.

3. chevyman1

chevyman1 LawnSite Senior Member

they are built like a tank it seems, of course if you value speed and striping, you should look elsewhere for a zero turn

4. Tider6972

Tider6972 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

quote: "they are built like a tank it seems, of course if you value speed and striping, you should look elsewhere for a zero turn"

Do you have a Gravely or have you had one? I am looking at them too, and would like to know more from your experience.

5. chevyman1

I haven't used them, just spoke to some companies in my area and some love the Gravely's...however they are all the older guys or people that aren't banging out 20-25 accounts a day by themselves. They seem to be slow and don't stripe well. Younger guys love those exmarks and I am starting the Dixie revolution in this area...far faster

6. BSDeality

yah... they don't have any good speed (13MPH!) or any good quality cut...

100_0768.jpg

7. BSDeality

heres a little more sarcasism....

100_0770.jpg

8. BSDeality

i just love how some the people on this site that are "experts" on machines that they don't even own or have EVER run!

9. chevyman1

hey BS, read what I wrote...this is what OTHERS told me before we get into an arguement. I don't have one, this is what others have told me and my old conclusions were made thereafter. They could be awesome from all I know, and what you did looks very good. I will never even bother to look at one though

10. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

Those are some nice looking pictures of some quality cuts using Gravely. Each person has to decide what the "right" mower for them.

Gravely_Man