• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Gravely Hour Meter Question

morgaj1

LawnSite Senior Member
I just got my new Gravely Pro-Turn 148 home. I noticed that the digital hour meter says "SVC Oil" when I first crank it up. This, along with the red oil lamp illuminates when you turn the key to the on position. When you crank the motor, the red light goes off and the hour meter shows the hours. It is full of oil I called the dealer and he says that it will always say "SVC Oil" at first. He says it is a reminder to check the oil before cranking. What do you guys say? This is my first mower with a digital hour meter, so this may be a dumb question...

KPW LawnCare

LawnSite Senior Member
Check the oil before using it haha its a good thing to do each time you go to use it.

OP
morgaj1

morgaj1

LawnSite Senior Member
As it turns out, the dealer is correct. The hour meter has no sensors connected to the motor. So, it is not reading an error from a sensor. It is actually a reminder. Seems unncecessary to me.