• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

Gravely mowers???

gunslinger686

LawnSite Member
My first post on here and i must say i have learned a lot .Kudos to all on this awesome site YOU HAVE MADE HERE. A s i said i'm new to the game and have been looking for a ztr for my son (16yr) and my self to do some sideline yard work and hopefully grow to a full fledge business.Nuff about me ,,been looking at a gravely mod #991016 or pm148z my question is ,,is this the XDZ MODEL.Found this site and it shows no deference in the two models:hammerhead:

click link>>>>
http://www.mmlawnleisure.com/new_ve...&veh1=39584&veh2=34765&compare=specs&#compare

Any one have this mower any info i think it's o6 mod.

thanks cw.

slbroug

LawnSite Member
I believe that 2006 was the first year of the XDZ deck, but I am not really sure. For what it's worth, I bought a 2005 leftover from a nearby dealership that is actually Gravely owned for $5100. This machine has the former deck design and is a bit less heavy duty than the XDZ, but by no means flimsy. It is 7 gauge fabricated deck that is deep (5-1/4") and very good at mulching. I have a doubles on it and it just mowed down a 5" rain soaked lawn yesterday like it wasn't there. We have mostly thinner blade grasses in New England (Bluegrass/Ryegrass mix) and they grow rapidly this time of year. I have only 1/2 acre of lawn and it does the job in 20 minutes flat. You really can't go wrong with a Gravely mower. They give you a lot for the money compared to some of the other brands that use distributors. Gravely I am told sells direct to the dealers, so there is one less mark up to pay for. I also have a Gravely 36" walkbehind with mulch kit installed and it has also been a solid workhorse. So simple to work on that anyone can handle 90% of the maintenance. Very economical mowers and very well built too. I recommend looking for a leftover model at significant savings, but be sure that the dealer will take care of you when it is needed. No mower generates a dime when in the shop waiting.

Scott