Gravely or Deere?

Reedo

LawnSite Senior Member
I hear you man. Sounds like we have a lot of similarities. It's not easy but it sounds like you handle everything well. Keep your head up and don't let them get to you and everything will end up ok.
I would be just as sour as you had we not been set up to bag with our Exmark fleet after running Deere for almost 10 years. After getting the Scags last spring I too have been as happy as can be like you state in a lot of your posts.

Brules

LawnSite Senior Member
Why do you cut your yard with a 160 instead of TCII? Thats cray....

Deere will be better than Gravely hands down.

Parts dept at Deere dealers dont give a F who you are or what you own, the sales guys may act biased but most dealers have a dedicated mower guy or small machine guy who doesnt sell the biiig stuff.

Get a Deere or TCII and don't think twice about it.

jimSo14

Banned
I have 4 Deeres, 1 Ferris. Deere was my first purchase because they offered the best price and best financing and after doing extensive research... a lot on this site, a great product. I also receive a discount , Greene Fleet, because I was military. My only experience with gravely was from what I read. (AgPro, my dealer) has been great. Best prices and great service. They even give me a slight discount on parts, and sell me comparable generac parts to help me save money when they can. I was looking at a 950, or 960M as well, but got the Ferris because of the property I was doing was very large and ground, rough. I am pleased with the Ferris.... great for the purpose I bought it for. I have a 915B, 48, and a 920M, 54, and a 636M, 36 inch stander. Pleased with them and as stated, by dealer has been great ! John Deere financing in my opinion is the best of all and any dealer financing.. no $150 financing fee like the others. They also seem to have the best terms, in winter, 60 mos no interest. This month their green fleet offered 10% of any mower bought on line, plus you get Green Fleet discounts if you are eligible. I just bought the 636m, otherwise would have considered a 60 inch 950, 960m.
With the price my dealer offers and John Deere's offers, I have found them the best value compared to comparable other brands... (My AgPro dealer). The John Deere's have been great for me and cut great as well.. Bumpy ground... you can't beat the Ferris.

jimSo14

Banned
I'm torn between these two. Currently we just have a 61" scag vride and a 21" push mower. So I am looking at getting a 60" sit down zt so we can have 2 big mowers on larger properties and a 48" stand on to increase qoc on our smaller properties and get inside gates to increase production over the push mower. There is a local shop in our town where our business is based out of that sells gravelys. I got quoted $15k for a proturn 260 and a prostance 48. But I hear good things about Deeres. So I got quoted $18k for a 960m and a quiktrak 48. What do you guys think?
I have 4 Deeres, 1 Ferris. Deere was my first purchase because they offered the best price and best financing and after doing extensive research... a lot on this site, a great product. I also receive a discount , Greene Fleet, because I was military. My only experience with gravely was from what I read. (AgPro, my dealer) has been great. Best prices and great service. They even give me a slight discount on parts, and sell me comparable generac parts to help me save money when they can. I was looking at a 950, or 960M as well, but got the Ferris because of the property I was doing was very large and ground, rough. I am pleased with the Ferris.... great for the purpose I bought it for. I have a 915B, 48, and a 920M, 54, and a 636M, 36 inch stander. Pleased with them and as stated, by dealer has been great ! John Deere financing in my opinion is the best of all and any dealer financing.. no $150 financing fee like the others. They also seem to have the best terms, in winter, 60 mos no interest. This month their green fleet offered 10% of any mower bought on line, plus you get Green Fleet discounts if you are eligible. I just bought the 636m, otherwise would have considered a 60 inch 950, 960m.
With the price my dealer offers and John Deere's offers, I have found them the best value compared to comparable other brands... (My AgPro dealer). The John Deere's have been great for me and cut great as well.. Bumpy ground... you can't beat the Ferris.

Top Forums