1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

GRAVELY PRO TURN 452 REVIEW!! With Pics!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by GMLC, Mar 30, 2012.

1. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

Here is one of my interesting properties. Its an old horse farm and the fescue grows fast and thick. Its never been fertilized or watered! I cut this today at 3.75" and took over 2.5" off. The X-Factor deck left a carpet like finish.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

2. GMLC

Here is another hill I mow with the 452. Again the picture does no justice to the actual incline angle. Hill side stability continues to be great.

07.jpg

3. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Done deal. Picking up the 460 31HP tomorrow along with a 14HP hurricane push blower. we decided we wouldn't get enough use out of the bagger. Can't beat 0% for 48!
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. GMLC

CONGRATS!!!!:drinkup::drinkup:

5. ProStreetCamaro

Thanks! Now I gotta drop this dang John Deere demo off on my way to the gravely dealer to pick up my new machine! :cool2:

6. GMLC

Better yet, pick up your new 460 first then drop off the deere!!:laugh::laugh:

7. ProStreetCamaro

Naw they were nice enough to let demo for a week. No other dealer here will give a Demo other than driving around the parking lot. I still may end up with a Deere at some point in time.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. fatboynormmie

fatboynormmie LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey man you goin to let us locals take a demo of that new machine?Congrats !!!!:waving:

9. 2ExploreTech

2ExploreTech LawnSite Member

I'm sure it was, years and years with organics. The old-fashioned way with manure and compost incorporated into the soil. We have similar terrain and soil ( I would presume) here in the Catskills - loaded with rocks of course :D Some yards around here could be mowed every 2-3 days if one wanted to and still leave lots of clippings.

10. mtmower

mtmower LawnSite Bronze Member

Great to hear. You ought to give a review of your own once you have some time on it.

I'm liking mine enough I've put my other Super Z up for sale with hopes of utilizing the 20% on a second machine. Shoot if I could sell my 36" Encore hydro walk behind I'd replace it with a Gravely at this point!

Now I'm looking at a Grass Flap or Power Chute for my 460. Clippings come out so much nicer with that oem rubber chute gone.