1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

GRAVELY PRO TURN 452 REVIEW!! With Pics!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by GMLC, Mar 30, 2012.

1. JABBERS

JABBERS LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Thanks for the review, been at the gravely dealer today. Still haven't pulled the trigger yet.

2. mtmower

mtmower LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't know if this is apples to apples, but there is another thread for Husqvarna Pzs that a LCO is complaining about the 31 on 75" pz.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?p=4365256#post4365256

Procuts Lawn Care toward the end of the thread.

3. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

4. watsmi57

watsmi57 LawnSite Senior Member

thank you for the great review and the great pics. That is one sweet looking machine. I have been waiting on my dealer to get some in so I can actually see one in person. This is the next best thing. I love my 252 but I think I might actually like a 452 even more.

My experience with Gravely has been the same as you described. A great company that builds and backs up a great mower. It cuts well in all conditions and is WELL built from the ground up. You will love your new 452. Don't expect to be making a bunch of warranty claims either. They were telling the truth :)

5. M&M Mowing

M&M Mowing LawnSite Member

I have owned 4 260z Gravelys and have been satisfied with alll four. Did you notice that grass stuck to the baffle on the discharge of the x factor deck? I am happy to see that they have made the front axle fixed as I always run my 260's in the locked position and have noticed stress cracks on the steel plate that the bolts threads into. The new seat looks great. I am going to trade two mowers this year and will looks at these but my heart is set on the Kubota.

6. GMLC

I didn't notice any grass stuck under the deck. It stayed completely clean. I will update as I start cutting some wet lush grass up here.

7. StanWilhite

StanWilhite LawnSite Silver Member

Congrats on the new mower GMLC, I have to agree, you looked as happy as a kid at the county fair!

For the best ride, drop the air pressure down (on all 4) to 8-10 lbs and the ride is even better, you (or the mower) won't be shaken near as much on rough ground. I run about 8-9 psi all the way around on my Lightning (which also uses the same tires as the Gravely).

I have run the fronts as low as 6-7 psi but you have to watch about stopping fast, the mower will naturally dip in the front. I also feel like that's running a little too close to the point where the tire could separate from the rim....although it's never happened...but then again, most of my mowing is on flat ground.

My son bought a 252 back in '08 and hasn't had any problems with it. Hope you have the same luck!
    Stan

8. waters lawn care

waters lawn care LawnSite Member
    from alabama

I had an transaxle replaced on mine with in the first 50 hours. My gravel dealer was all over the problem getting it resolved and it wasn't a failure but a parking brake issue. I never missed a day mowing they handed me the keys to another mower saying run this one keep on mowing
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

hows the air ride seat on that thing?

10. GMLC

Very nice. It's fully adjustable to your weight. The seat also has lumbar controls and is rubber mounted. I felt little to no vibration and was able to fly over bumps.
    Posted via Mobile Device