Gravely Pro Turn ZX vs. 100 series - engine and deck options

danell10

LawnSite Senior Member
I thought you referring to the 100 series. I think you can get a PT-152 for $7000-7300. That's a good machine for the price, 1-2k less than competitor's models.

Michael Bailey

LawnSite Member
I was a little confused by the comments above.
I’m looking for advice between the Pro Turn Z and Pro Turn ZX.

Is the ZX that much of an improvement over the Z or is it not worth the extra pay. I was told the Gravely engine is basically a Kawasaki and there is not much difference between the 3100 and 3200 Hydros.

Dylan256

LawnSite Member
I was a little confused by the comments above.
I’m looking for advice between the Pro Turn Z and Pro Turn ZX.

Is the ZX that much of an improvement over the Z or is it not worth the extra pay. I was told the Gravely engine is basically a Kawasaki and there is not much difference between the 3100 and 3200 Hydros.

To be honest I cant help you about the Gravely engine. Goodluck, I love my ZX. Definitely go in store, look and touch both. Find the local mechanic and ask questions.

I had my ZTHD 52 for 2 yrs and just traded it in for a Pro-turn 160. Picked her up today....
way different...better (thank goodness). Just wanted a bit better zero turn...went to dealer and they may me a great deal on the PT160. We had rain and drizzle all day but had an acreage that needed a mow....so I HAD to test her out. The Yamaha motor sounds great ....the ground speed is definitely faster. Cut was good (even in the drizzle). Just a 30-40 minute job but worked pretty slick. The seat for sure is a must !!! ....my back is going to love me now !!

I just pulled the trigger on a Gravely pro turn 160, w/ yamaha 26hp, and 60" deck yesterday, to be delivered. This was after looking at JD 700 and 900 series as well , but, in the end, there was no question to go with Gravely as far as engine, build, price comparison goes. Yes the 160 will be overkill for my application, but the 20% off convinced me to upgrade from a lesser model. After the rebate, the base price was $7,585, which put it under the price of a 700 series JD that was not even a commercial grade mower. The 160 looks very robust and have heard nothing but praise for the yamaha.
I picked one up today, too. Yamaha motor sounds good ...just a little seat time today as we had rain/drizzle all day.

Top Forums