1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Gravely Promaster 30H

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by want2be, Feb 1, 2008.

1. want2be

want2be LawnSite Member

I am new to this site. I mostly keep up with my own yard (1 1/2 acre), and a near by relative (5 acres). I will pick up some overflow lawns from a friend in the business once and a while. I am looking to get something larger than my 42" garden tractor. I found a 1992 Gravely Promaster 30H with only 724 hrs. It appears to be in good shape, and I am told it is a one owner machine. Asking price is @ $2000, is this a good deal, or am I looking for trouble?

2. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Working for a use to be Gravely dealer I would say that's a good deal if everything looks/checks OK. You may think about seeing if they would let you take it to a shop and have it checked over, I do this quite often for potential buyers of used equipment.

3. want2be

want2be LawnSite Member

Thank You, I got a similar response from this post in another area on this site. Good idea, since it's on a trailer anyway, the owner may not mind. As you can tell, I'm not a professional (more of a tinker), and my wife would kill me if I bought yet another project.

By the way, does the machine do anyting other than mow? Are there any attachments for it? Is it strong enough to pull anything, like a small disk?

4. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Myself, I have never had anyone ask this question before or never seen any attachments such as this before for these units.

I took a quick look at Gravely's attachment list and didn't see anything beside different size mowing decks for the PM-30H.

5. GravelyNut

GravelyNut LawnSite Bronze Member

I think at one time a rotary broom or a snowblower may have been available also. I'll have to dig in the books Monday to see.