• Landscape Lighting Design: Bright Ideas
    With outdoor spaces more popular than ever, lighting these landscapes may be your next opportunity. Click here to learn more.

gravely shaft driven pro15

Picked up an older gravely pro15.... It is as stout as a mule, and mows great.... It is a little slower than my Toro, but mows just as good... I know generally that something is worth whatever someone is willing to give for it, but whats does everyone think would be a good asking price? I was thinking about listing it and picking up another walk behind.....

Man....... Where's the love......

I consider it a commercial mower, It will cut through anything, I'll try to describe it.... It has a 16hp kohler, shaft driven very comfortable it has a steering wheel... 50 inch deck..... It is an older machine, the manaul says it is a pro15 and it mows great.... I don't know if this helps, but I hope so.....

onelegjohn

LawnSite Member
I believe you have a pro 50. They have rear wheel steering by a chain and a brake for each tire in front. Am I correct? I have had one. Sorry I sold it. A ton of power. They are based off the older walk behind tractors.

That is is it... It is a little slow but will mow like a scalded dog... If you were going to sell it what would you relisticaly ask for it, I have a toro Z. and I would like to get a walk behind to go with it...

metro-hp_48

LawnSite Senior Member
Why would you trade your Deere 54" walkbehind, for the Gravley, so you can trade it for a walkbehind? (just because of the vibration the Deere had?)

It was a 48inch...... No I sold it "the deere", I didn't have a need for it with the few yards I had.....originally I didn't have any plans to buy the gravely, just stumbled up,on it.... It all worked to be about the same money though that's why I say I basically traded for it.... As my luck would have it I picked up 2 yards the following week with big hills in the ditch line...... I should have probaly kept my deere, but to late now LOL

Metro that is the best Skull you've made.... That thing is kool

metro-hp_48

LawnSite Senior Member
I hear that. Sold a little 36" Deere, then picked up 3 yards with gates, and started looking at 21" mowers (new Exmark 999.99)

Found another 36" Deere for 300.00.