• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

Gravely Stander

SidelinePropMgr

LawnSite Member
What do you guys/Gals think about the Gravely Stander Model. Is it here to stayor a flash in the pan?

OP
S

SidelinePropMgr

LawnSite Member
I looked at the unit real closely at my dealer. It is just a Great Dane, painted red. I run Wright Standers and think their design is superior. Have a lot more room on the footplate. The new adjustable height standers are not as good. On the electric strt models, they put the battery right between your feet1 UGHH!

jtkplc

LawnSite Silver Member
I looked at the unit real closely at my dealer. It is just a Great Dane, painted red. I run Wright Standers and think their design is superior. Have a lot more room on the footplate. The new adjustable height standers are not as good. On the electric strt models, they put the battery right between your feet1 UGHH!
You are right on about that. The Wright Stander is a MUCH better design.

Bayrat

LawnSite Member
Not sure about the design flaws but I looked at both and the Great Dane was really overbuilt. I doubt the structural components would ever wear out. But I am curious, does Gravely own Great Dane? Why this re-badging?