• PPP The Second Time Around
    The Emergency Coronavirus Relief Act of 2020 passed in December contained $284 billion for the renewed Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). Click here to read the article.

Gravely Treker CVT

ArTurf

LawnSite Fanatic
Any thoughts on how to remove this CVT Clutch? The bolt that goes through the middle into the crankshaft has been removed BTW. First time dealing with a CVT. I’ve looked at some YouTube but nothing specific to this vehicle. Hit the large nut with an impact for a second just to see if anything happened but didn’t want to screw anything up until I found out more.
1607884970200.jpeg
1607884970200.jpeg

OP
A

ArTurf

LawnSite Fanatic
I'd think the nut is there for a reason, though it appears to be part of the housting

OP
A

ArTurf

LawnSite Fanatic
Looked closer the nut is not connected, I admit I was wrong (1st time ever). Took off nut and here’s what I find. Hit this nut a little just to see, didn’t really want to budge and sorta wanted to strip(not much to hang on to). Checked again for threads inside for puller, none.

Any thoughts

BigFish

LawnSite Fanatic
The big nut is just that, a threaded nut. Remove it.
Should be able to snag a manual from the Gravely site.

OP
A

ArTurf

LawnSite Fanatic
Looked closer the nut is not connected, I admit I was wrong (1st time ever). Took off nut and here’s what I find. Hit this nut a little just to see, didn’t really want to budge and sorta wanted to strip(not much to hang on to). Checked again for threads inside for puller, none.

Any thoughts
meant to add this pic
1607948483127.jpeg

OP
A

ArTurf

LawnSite Fanatic
The big nut is just that, a threaded nut. Remove it.
Should be able to snag a manual from the Gravely site.
I did remove the nut and found another kinda nut. See pic. Tried to turn it and see what happened but socket wouldn't grab good (there's not much to get a hold of), didn't want to round it off until I had more info. Looked for at manuals and parts diagrams but didn't see any specific info on how to remove.