Gravely vs simplicity - yamaha vs briggs vs vanguard

wicker63

LawnSite Member
Need some opinions. Ive test drove the gravely 160 and 260. Looking to drive the 460, simplicity citation and cobalt soon. I mow over 2.25 acres and potentially in the near future anothe 3. Both are kind of rough properties. I want the smoothest ride i can find. What are your thoughts? Also the gravely has the yamaha and the citation has the briggs cobalts with the vanguard. Whats the thoughts on the motors?

ggb6259

LawnSite Senior Member
No experience with the Gravelys but the Cobalt (Ferris) has a great suspension. Drove one when I bought my 600. Today I would opt for an ISX800 latest greatest suspension from Ferris.

engineer89

LawnSite Member
I have a 2017 Ferris 3200z with the Vanguard 37 HP EFI engine. Best air cooled engine I've ever seen. Smooth, powerful and reasonably fuel efficient.

OP
W

wicker63

LawnSite Member
I have a 2017 Ferris 3200z with the Vanguard 37 HP EFI engine. Best air cooled engine I've ever seen. Smooth, powerful and reasonably fuel efficient.
I demo'd the Limited Edition from simplicity which I believe to be the cousin of what you own. That is a beast of a mower. I'm hoping I'll be able to give the 810cc vanguard the same review if we got that route. I'm leaning towards the cobalt but can't decide between the carb vs efi.

OP
W

wicker63

LawnSite Member
No experience with the Gravelys but the Cobalt (Ferris) has a great suspension. Drove one when I bought my 600. Today I would opt for an ISX800 latest greatest suspension from Ferris.
The ISX800 looks to be in line with the citation with the commercial motor...

ggb6259

LawnSite Senior Member
It is the first with Ferris new suspension. Getting great reviews.