Lawn Care Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts
Seems like it should fit mine as well, then. Serial number 01065_

Thank you for your help!
Posted via Mobile Device
No problem. Just keep in mind the 100 series is a small frame mower unlike the 200 and 400 series so the mounting may be different. Id hate for you to order a new deck that doesnt fit!
Posted via Mobile Device

So far I haven't been able to get an answer that makes sense directly from gravely. I think their response is contradicted, at least a bit, by your experience with the new deck. Also, my 100 series currently has the x-factor deck so it seems like it would have similar mounting to the larger framed machines (although this may be a bit of a stretch/assumption on my part). Just thinking that if the larger machines can handle both decks and I know that mine can handle the older version, by similarity I'd expect the new version to fit. Gravely's response has me a bit concerned that my logic isn't so logical, though :)
Posted via Mobile Device

My thinking is if your machine currently has the X-Factor it should work. Although Im not sure how long the XF1 has been around and if it has different versions for different machines? I can understand why its a hard question to answer for anyone. Can you post some pics of your current deck mounting? How old is your 100 series?
Posted via Mobile Device

Yup my mounting is different on my 452. So im not sure? My XF1 cut awesome so I wouldnt have changed it on my own. The adjustability on the FX2 is nice though.
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks GMLC. I'm having QOC issues with my machine and the only way I seem to be able to get a good cut is by double-cutting. This is on dry grass that is only 4 or 4 1/2" high at time of cutting with the deck set at 3 1/2" and freshly sharpened blades.

Any recommendations on things to check to see if the deck is setup appropriately?

Yup my mounting is different on my 452. So im not sure? My XF1 cut awesome so I wouldnt have changed it on my own. The adjustability on the FX2 is nice though.
Posted via Mobile Device
The mounting points on the X-Factor 1 and X-Factor 2 look like they are in the same location based on the pictures in your X-Factor 2 review thread. Guess I'd just like to get a definitive answer from Gravely. The questions I'd like answered are:

1) Is the X-Factor 2 deck compatible with pre-20000 serial number Pro-Turn 100 series mowers?
2) Is the X-Factor 2 deck compatible with any pre-20000 serial number Pro-Turn mowers? If so, which model / serial numbers?

Thanks GMLC. I'm having QOC issues with my machine and the only way I seem to be able to get a good cut is by double-cutting. This is on dry grass that is only 4 or 4 1/2" high at time of cutting with the deck set at 3 1/2" and freshly sharpened blades.

Any recommendations on things to check to see if the deck is setup appropriately?
1/4" pitch measured at the blades(1/4" down in the front). Sharp factory blades. My FX1 cut awesome. Plenty of pics in my 452 review. You shouldnt have to double cut. What kind of turf are you cutting?
Posted via Mobile Device

The mounting points on the X-Factor 1 and X-Factor 2 look like they are in the same location based on the pictures in your X-Factor 2 review thread. Guess I'd just like to get a definitive answer from Gravely. The questions I'd like answered are:

1) Is the X-Factor 2 deck compatible with pre-20000 serial number Pro-Turn 100 series mowers?
2) Is the X-Factor 2 deck compatible with any pre-20000 serial number Pro-Turn mowers? If so, which model / serial numbers?
The 400 series does not hang the deck with chains, it has control rods. The back bracket appears different to me. I could be wrong its hard to tell. Really ProStreetCamaro would know, he has both machines.
Posted via Mobile Device

Discussion starter · #32 ·
I checked with Tech Service, and the decks are not interchangeable. The newer units have a different frame configuration for mounting the deck.

Thanks, and let us know if you have other questions.
Our engineers confirmed that the core deck shells of the Pro-Turn 400 models (pre and post 20,000 serial numbers) are interchangeable, but the chute is not interchangeable between the two.

The decks are not available for purchase as a complete assembly, however.

We are sorry if this caused confusion. Please let us know if you have questions.

Discussion starter · #34 ·
How about the 100 and 200 series? Are the deck shells the same on these both ore and post the 20000 serial number?
Posted via Mobile Device
The core deck shells of the Pro-Turn 100 are interchangeable within the Pro-Turn 100 series (pre and post 20,000), and the core deck shells of the Pro-Turn 200 are interchangeable within the Pro-Turn 200 series (pre and post 20,000). The chute on the X-Factor II deck is wider, so the chute is not interchangeable between the two decks.

X-Factor II deck isn’t sold as a complete assembly, but the deck shell can be ordered separately. All components except for the chute assembly can be transferred over, so the chute and brackets for the X-Factor II deck would also have to be ordered.

The X-Factor II deck is standard on all Pro-Turn 100, 200 and 400 models for serial numbers greater than 20,000.

We hope this helps to clarify.

Thanks.

Decks have stickers saying limited lifetime warranty. Sounds pretty cool. GMLC, you are such a nice person with so much knowledge and advice to give. Thank you for all the help in the past. Gonna go check out some Gravely cuts.

Decks have stickers saying limited lifetime warranty. Sounds pretty cool. GMLC, you are such a nice person with so much knowledge and advice to give. Thank you for all the help in the past. Gonna go check out some Gravely cuts.
Thanks man. I try to help when I can. I have some unique experiences that allow me to talk business and equipment. But I learn something new on LS almost everyday!!
Posted via Mobile Device

21 - 36 of 36 Posts
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.