Gravely X-Factor I vs. X-Factor II Decks

Discussion in 'Gravely (Archived)' started by Gravely Commercial, Jun 11, 2014.

1. Greywulf4570

Greywulf4570 LawnSite Member

My NEW 2015 Pro Stance 52 has the latest XFactor 2 deck improvements incorporated. Can you provide me with the CORRECT/ proper Bracket (or part number) for the grass catcher bracket that will the new Larger X Factor 2 design?

Be advised, there is an apparent error in the part number listing for Grass Catcher brackets in the 2015 parts catalog.
    When I ordered my new mower, I also ordered the optional grass catcher bracket to fit it. Your 2015 accessory catalog (page 16) calls out Part number 79400600 to fit the Pro Stance. That was the part number I received and found on the box. However, upon opening, I found that mounting bracket DOES NOT fit the 3 inch larger X factor exhaust chute as the alignment pin appears to be for the older decks where the pin fits the front of the deck.

2. OP
    OP
    Gravely Commercial

Gravely Commercial Inactive

Greywulf4570 -

Thanks for reaching out, and I'm sorry that you didn't get the correct part.

Please let me know your model and serial number so I can make sure I give you accurate information. I will also check to make sure we have the correct information in our catalog once I receive your numbers.

Tech Service will need to address this, and I will make sure to get any changes implemented if they are not correct in our catalog.

Thanks.

Mary Lyn

3. Greywulf4570

Hi Mary Lyn, My Pro Stance 52 Model number is 994128 and the Serial number is 041117. In the operator manual on page EN39, in the accessories column, it lists a "Catcher Adapter"- p/n 79401200. I am curious if that is the correct p/n for this model.

The part listed in the accessories catalog is probably still a good part number for the older models (pre- x factor). It might be a simple correction to just add the p/n that works for the new X Factor deck to the accessories catalog.

Thanks a bunch for the quick response, I just wanted to let you know of the issue so it could be addressed and possibly save some future headaches with shipping out a part that will not fit the X factor deck design improvements.
    Best Regards,

Greywulf4570

4. OP
    OP
    Gravely Commercial

Greywulf4570 -

You are right, 79401200 is the correct part number for the Grass Catcher Bracket for your 994128 model. It is listed correctly in the Operators Manual.

Here is a link to the Parts Manual as I do not see where it gives a number on page 16, so I want to make sure you are using the right Parts Manual for your model. Is this the manual you are referring to in your message? There will be a different manual/part number for the models with a serial number less than 040000 due to the change in the deck.

I really appreciate you helping to make sure it is listed right in our manuals, and if you still see where it is wrong, please let me know as we will want to fix it.

Hopefully that makes sense . . . if not, let me know.

Thanks.

Mary Lyn

5. Greywulf4570

The Page 16 I referenced is from the 2015 Ariens/Gravely "Lawn and Garden Accessories Guide" catalog. found on the Gravely website. Many thanks for the link to the current iteration of the Pro Stance Parts manual! outstanding. wow.

best regards,
    Greywulf4570

6. OP
    OP
    Gravely Commercial

Greywulf

Thanks again for pointing out that we need to correct our Accessory Guide. I have passed on this information, and we appreciate you reaching out to help save others from not being able to find this missing part number.

Please send me your contact information if you would like a Gravely hat. We are glad you are part of our Gravely family.

Thanks!

Mary Lyn