• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

gravely z

rinker26

LawnSite Member
i was wanting some input on a gravely.it is a commercial machine 100 series 52 inch cut.it looks very strong and well built.i know its not an exmark or scag but are they any good or should i stay away from them?i have no accounts like hospitals or any thing like that.most of what i do is residential and i have a few yards that are big but i was wondering if the gravely would be ok.

rreyn1812

LawnSite Senior Member
A friend of mine has a 2005 144Z with 19 KAW with 1335 hrs and it is running strong. Lot of people swear by them, and some swear at them, like every other mower.

Best advice I can give; GET IT CHECKED OUT BY A QUALIFIED MECHANIC if you are really serious about it, and then you will know for sure. (Experience can be a hard task master, and I've been there, done that!) Don't get it checked, and it's just a "crap shoot." :):)

waters lawn care

LawnSite Member
I run a 152 gravely this has been a verry riliable machine.The only complaint i really have with mine is that the seat is not the most comfortable after a long day.As for hills i have yet to find one it will not stay on even a little scary sometimes.If doing big hills get a ROPS system well worth the money and safety.Only one major breakdown had a pump failure at around 500hrs.Everything else was minor and planning on getting another.