1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Gravely ZT 2660HD

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by djflats, Oct 15, 2008.

1. djflats

djflats LawnSite Senior Member

Has anyone on here tried one of the Gravely 2660 HD? I know it's considered a residential and it has a B & S engine but it looks pretty nice. I seen a new one today for $4995.

2. djflats

djflats LawnSite Senior Member

[​IMG]
    A picture of it.

3. Ryan Anderson

Ryan Anderson LawnSite Member

I dont own one but demoed one and have used one before. The gravely commercial stuff is better, but for the price you cant beat this mower. Its basically a commercial machine stripped down to fit residential pricing. If that is what your budgeted price range is, I would say its not a bad machine to take on.

4. txgrassguy

txgrassguy LawnSite Gold Member

All this machine is, is a series 100 commercial machine with a less expensive deck.
    I have no input on how it actually performs but I saw one at my dealer the other day and he explained the difference.
    Since I have begun the transition to stand on units I didn't pursue this any further - however, it certainly looks robust enough for limited commercial use.

5. mowerknower

mowerknower LawnSite Senior Member

Actually it is not a less expensive deck, it is the xfactor deck that is used on the 100 and 200 series. It has zt2800 hydros and either a briggs els or a kohler courage twin engine. This is a very good machine for homeowner use. I would go with the briggs over the kohler. All the kohlers I have seen blow head gaskets at about 5 hours