1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Gravely's new 34" mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by joed, Mar 10, 2008.

1. joed

joed LawnSite Bronze Member

Came across this new mower from Gravely. 34" cutting width, 10.5 hp Briggs I/C engine, 4 mph top speed, tooless height adjustment. It's not a true commercial unit but it might have a purpose for small gated backyard. Price is $1600 here in Canada. Any thoughts?

gravely34.jpg

2. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

neat little machine. It's out in both Ariens and Gravely. Basically the same differential drive system that the pro series snowblower uses. It's a newer machine this season. Would not sell it to a commercial cutter. I don't think it's designed for it.

3. BanvilleLawnCare

BanvilleLawnCare LawnSite Member

I would agree with you, it doesn't look like a full commercial unit. This mower was on the cover of the latest Turf magazine.

4. TomberLawn

TomberLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

For the same type of mower, also consider a Cub Cadet TimeSaver 33" mower. It also has a 10.5hp Briggs and goes just over 4mph. I bought one for $1280 w/tax just before Christmas. It's not commercial, but works for what I wanted it for. I needed something in between my 21" trim mower and 48" zero turn.

5. BigLag

BigLag LawnSite Member

anyone know how much it is here in the states?

6. Zooropa93

Zooropa93 LawnSite Senior Member

Yup, I remember seeing that issue. Needless to say I'm not stocking it. This year I didn't order a single piece of the residential Gravelys, only some commercial pieces.