• PPP The Second Time Around
    The Emergency Coronavirus Relief Act of 2020 passed in December contained $284 billion for the renewed Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). Click here to read the article.

Grease Guns

Grass Man

LawnSite Senior Member
GREASE GUNS

.... I have been frustrated to no end over my grease guns. When I was a kid, and that was many many years ago, I had a grease gun that never failed. But, now that I am older and the grease guns are larger, and the grease is better, I can't get it to come out on a regular bases. I have tried heating the grease guns, long rodes to relieve the air pressure, take them apart and rearrange the the grease in the tub etc., unscrew the fittings on the ends to relieve the air and so on. Even storing them in a certain position. And, if it's not the guns than it's the fittings that wont cooperate. Eventually, I do get them to work but what a mess. I have more grease on me then the mowers or what ever else I am greasing. What has been your experiences? And how have you managed the problem :eek: ?

cborden

LawnSite Member
If you want a hand pump grease gun, buy quality, SNAP-ON, Blue Point ect. I have SNAP-ONs I keep in the trailers, never had any problems. I also have an air grease gun, sits on a 30 gallon drum of grease....air is by far the best way to go.

Tvov

LawnSite Bronze Member
Yep, have to get a quality grease gun. I have multiple grease guns, each with a different fitting, and the last one I bought was a cheapo. I said to myself, "Oh, it'll work as well, and it's half the price!". Well, it's a big pile of crap. Spend the money to get the good stuff!

lawnboy dan

LawnSite Platinum Member
just the oppisite here in florida.its so hot that the grease melts and runs out of the gun. buy the best gun you can find and it will make a big difference. cheap ones dont work right or fail early

uspw

LawnSite Member
Unfortunately, I cant agree wit you guys having so much trouble with the grease guns. All I can say is that you have to have the pistol-grip style, but I bought mine from Auto-zone ($15) and it works like a charm.