Great adjustable/versatile above ground oscillating sprinkler

oqueoque

LawnSite Fanatic
I just bought one of these, and will be recommending to my customers especially for seeding. When watering my own lawn, I put on the oven timer, so I know when to move it or shut off the water, when the buzzer rings.

I also bought one with a plastic spike from Lowes and will return it, since the plastic spike is difficult to get deep into my soil & I am concerned the spike will break. This is great for long narrow areas, as well as other areas.

Depending on your water pressure it will vary, but I am able to water a side yard with a pattern of 50' x 10' without moving it. It will also do a 40' x 40' area' or 10' x 10' area. I sure this will break at some point, as most plastic ones do, but for $20-$25, if I can get at least 2 years out of it I will be happy. The one negative is that it gets so high in the air, that I noticed a fine mist blowing & drifting from it 20 or so feet in the air.

Last edited:

RigglePLC

LawnSite Fanatic
Should come with a built-in rain gauge--and--a timer to shut it off after 30 minutes or whatever you want to set it.
Also needs a water gauge--perhaps shuts off after 1000 gallons or whatever you set.

Better yet for new grass--a timer that turns it on every day for 30 minutes. Twice per day--even better.

KerbDMK

LawnSite Gold Member
Should come with a built-in rain gauge--and--a timer to shut it off after 30 minutes or whatever you want to set it.
Also needs a water gauge--perhaps shuts off after 1000 gallons or whatever you set.

Better yet for new grass--a timer that turns it on every day for 30 minutes. Twice per day--even better.
They have one of those, it's called a "homeowner" and it comes with the lawn.

That Guy Gary

LawnSite Gold Member
I have the older XT Turbo and have been happy with it, I saw these a few weeks ago though and will probably pick up one eventually.

Glad to see a good review for it. I definitely get more even precipitation with mine than any of the impacts I had before.