Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sent a bill out to this customer last week for $160. for 4 cuttings for the month,I got her check today,I opened the envelope and found a $40. tip with a "thanks for the great work week after week"!!! Its customers like this that make this job great! So far this season with around 70 clients, I have not had one payment issue,not even a late payment, all bills get sent out and all return to me within the week!! I jokingly asked my wife who works at a warehouse fixing their computers if her employer ever "tipped" her on her paychecks.She was not amused!

·
Registered
359 Posts
I sent a bill out to this customer last week for $160. for 4 cuttings for the month,I got her check today,I opened the envelope and found a $40. tip with a "thanks for the great work week after week"!!! Its customers like this that make this job great! So far this season with around 70 clients, I have not had one payment issue,not even a late payment, all bills get sent out and all return to me within the week!! I jokingly asked my wife who works at a warehouse fixing their computers if her employer ever "tipped" her on her paychecks.She was not amused!
I have one Lady that at first i thought she was just paying ahead. $100 then the next month $150. then she calls me and said that she had a question on her bill she is like what is the credit for the last 2 months? I say you sent more then needed? She was like no that was a tip for doing such a great job. Well that is now money that the wife doesnt need to find, but even better was couple months ago it started to rain really good she yelled out to us and said come on in and get out of the rain so i did to wait it out... i walk in and smell a SWEET SWEET smell yummy pie.. Now i am a FAT man and LOVE my pie so i told her that she cant tip me anymore she has to make me a pie. So once a week door bell rings and she is holding a pie... Man now i am hungry.

·
Registered
701 Posts
I've probably made and extra grand this year from tips!! I have two customers that have given me figs and pears which I have made into preserves!!

I compete in outdoor cooking on a smoker I built a few years back. When a customer is good to me, I'll drop off a couple servings of my award-winning pork sholder. So, everybody wins!!

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
amberslawnmowing: Is yours young and hot or older and not so?!!! My new tipper is around 35, long blonde hair, 110lbs,and nice shape to boot!!Single too, 350K house, and drives a new BMW 7 series!!!! Too bad Im married! She would be perfect!, but then she would get her lawn care for free!!

·
Registered
701 Posts
amberslawnmowing: Is yours young and hot or older and not so?!!! My new tipper is around 35, long blonde hair, 110lbs,and nice shape to boot!!Single too, 350K house, and drives a new BMW 7 series!!!! Too bad Im married! She would be perfect!, but then she would get her lawn care for free!!
I'm beginning to see why they say lawn care is getting harder and harder!!!:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.