1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Great Dane Chariot

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by goodbeus, Jun 8, 2005.

1. goodbeus

goodbeus LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone have any experience with these mowers...my brother-in-law just bought one, 52", 25 hp Kawasaki, $6800 out the door...

2. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

If you have a reputable, excellent dealer that stocks LOTS of parts, I'd say maybe.. The Dane's aren't a horrible machine, but they are far from great..

3. iluvscag

iluvscag LawnSite Senior Member

I would stay away from dane,too many corporate breakups in the past. :)

4. ToroLandscaper

ToroLandscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

Seems like you have to lean over to use the controls.

5. MercyMe

MercyMe LawnSite Member

Nice mowers. I have used the Super Surfer for a couple of years now and it has saved me a ton of time and made me a lot of money. Excellent quality of cut as well.

I am either going to pick up another Super Surfer or maybe a Chariot rider soon. They are offering double factor rebates and 24 months same as cash financing right now. Never a parts problem here and very few mechanical problems either. I think they have most of the kinks worked out now that John Deere bought them a few years back.

I think he'll love the Chariot.

6. extoro

extoro LawnSite Member

No, they give you the option now of having the controls come over like everyone else

7. g5cutsgrass

g5cutsgrass LawnSite Member

Hey now, easy on that Dane bashing : ) My GD (Great Dane) wb is in its second year of dependable service. I have had no problems at all; none. I hope I can say that 5 years from now. The controls on the Chariot are in the center so that you can operate the thing with one hand; lets you hold a beer in one hand and drive with the other! : )