1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Great dane owners??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bottlefed89, Aug 25, 2004.

1. bottlefed89

bottlefed89 LawnSite Member

Hey guys, I was wondering if any of you have any hydraulic or engine oil filter nubers other than the dane's. Surely there's a better filter I can get a little closer to home. I have a 17 hp kaw. on my super surfer, but mostly interested inthe hydro filters...
    thanks

2. Royalslover

Royalslover LawnSite Senior Member

Bottlefed, I don't know about engine filters, but I went through every single filter at O'reillys trying to find a filter that would work for the hydros. Not one of them did and I had to go to Smittys. :mad:

(I hate Smittys)

3. bottlefed89

What is smitty's??

4. furball3

furball3 LawnSite Member

I had a NAPA look cross-ref the numbers for my Exmark. They have in stock both the oil and hydro filters. Autozone also sells them.

Makes it easier to replace a filter when I can grab one on the way home instead of spending an hour driving in a direction where I dont do any work!

5. bottlefed89

my thoughts exactly, but I can't get a napa, oreilly's, autozone, advanced auto, or carquest that can find my numbers...

6. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

I'd try to match up the old filter there.. May be time consuming at first.. But may save some serrious $$$ in the long run.BTW, If you do get across #, plesae post it , as I'd like to know before hand ..LOL

7. rott_dobe

rott_dobe LawnSite Member

I've had good luck cross referencing filters at Wix website...at wixfilters.com. Let us know if it works.

8. 2 man crew

2 man crew LawnSite Senior Member

I have a great dealer that ships right to the shop. Usually next day.

9. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I have been told that it is very important to get the same micron filter as the origanal filter. A cheaper filter may not have the same filtration and not clean the hydro fluid as good. If possable check to see if the filter is a 10 micron for hydro's. Most oil filters are 30 - 60 micron filters. And Im not knocking wix or other filter brands,, what i meant is if you find a filter that fits ( same thread and size) make sure of its a hydro and not a regular oil filter

10. Greatdane522003

Greatdane522003 LawnSite Member

hey Royalslover I hate smitty's to they are so over price the owner is cool but the co-workers are butt heads!!!! :angry: