Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have a 2004 48" floating deck Great Dane. I recently had to take it in for service and got a full tune up. That was about two weeks ago. One I got it back, it was way faster than it was before. :D Now it seems like it has returned to its slower speed. :sleeping: What causes this? Is there a way to make an adjustment to keep the speed up. Thanks for any replies.

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
Post your engine model and spec. numbers so I can see what you got there.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
maybe our throttle cable is loose keeping it from full throttle. i don't think the governor would need adjustment so soon. maybe need some more info. you could ask the service tech what he did to raise the rpm's

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
Primecut said:
Thanks for the replies guys. The engine is a 17 hp kawasaki. The engine sounds like it is running the same, just doesn't seem to move as fast. Thanks again.
I was headed towards a RPM problem,But if the engine sounds the same I won't be of any help for I'm not familiar with the Great Dane line.
I believe I'd call the dealer that done the tune and service and ask them this question.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.