• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

Great Dane Stander

steverino

LawnSite Member
I'm considering a Great Dane Stander. Two questions, how are they on slopes and aside from trailer space what are the advantages?

Lazer

LawnSite Bronze Member
Super Surfer? (Wright Mfg. calls theirs a "Stander")

Above average adjustment period.

The Michigan distributor dropped the line "due to problems" with the machine.

I wrote an accurate post earlier on these mowers. See if it comes up on a search.

The word is the original Surfer (discontinued) was a great machine, the Super Surfer is riddled with problems. (Most minor, but all involve downtime.)

CHC

LawnSite Member
We made the mistake of trading in our oringinal Surfer on a new Super Surfer. We have had constant problems with the machine; including the break-in-half item that has happened to so many. I think that the concept is good, trailer space usage is minimized, and the cut is decent. Unfortunately, I don't think that the company thought this one all the way through. Perhaps it was pushed out fast in an effort to get the bucks in. We have a great dealer, but we're not sure that he will always be there. Word is that Great Dane isn't too keen on standing behind their product.