1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Great Dane

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MysticLandscape, Jun 25, 2006.

1. jcthorne

jcthorne LawnSite Member

I've got the same machine. I'll sell you mine for $2200 and ship it to you. It's got about 40 hours on it max. Draw your on conclusions from that.

2. genesis215

genesis215 LawnSite Senior Member

<< That has to be a Scamper HG model for that kind of price. They have the integrated hydros and there have been a lot of problems. A LOT of problems! Great Dane also has terrible parts and service support.

Run away as fast as you can! Spend more money and get a better, more reliable brand name. >>

I just got a 2000-2002 Great Dane walk behind, that also has the hydros and wheel motors in one unit. Would the hydros on my mower be problematic too? I just need advice, because this will determine whether or not I keep the mower I have, or sell it and get something better.

3. kjslawn

kjslawn LawnSite Senior Member

I Have this mower and love it

4. Zooropa93

Zooropa93 LawnSite Senior Member

Ariens bought the assets of Auburn Consolidated Industries (ACI) who before they went under owned Everride and Great Dane. Apparently Ariens had a bunch of Gravely Pro Stance units that were already paid for that were not delivered when they went under.