1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Great Day For Business

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Uranus, Sep 14, 2006.

1. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

I'm excited today and want to share some good news for my business with all of you. I got the call today from a buddy trying to get out of the business. So next week I will be taking over 15 accounts. That is about 40% growth for me. Right now I have 34 accounts and mow them in 3 days. So now I have to hire a guy. I was going to hire someone in a few weeks for leaves but now I need them to get the mowings done and support the other needs of the accounts. I thought about buying another exmark lazer (I know of 2 with ultra cut decks-new) but I think I will keep the new guy on my 36" WB for now and share the trimming and walking with him. I don't want to make payments on a mower that I can only use for 4-5 more weeks. And I also went to lunch with my neighbor who is in his second year of a home improvement business and he was pricing plows. So I went to the local fisher/western plow dealer and priced them for my truck. Well turns out they have a 8ft fisher hd used for $2800. I checked it out and its in great shape. So I bought it on the spot. They are giving me hand help controller and the regular stick controller, new cutting edge with new bolts, and a warranty for one year one it installed. I thought it was a great deal since I wasn't even going to plow this year. Also 8 of the 15 new lawns I will be getting the plowing. I'd say it was a good day even though it rained. sorry so long.

2. Jamesgateslandscaping

Jamesgateslandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Congrats man!! Im having a great day also:clapping:
    James

3. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

Maybe I'll spend the $300 on a sulky to save on the walking. Better than making payments on a ZRT all winter while it sits in storage. And I'll share my Lazer with newbe if they know how to run it.

4. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

How much will your insurance rates change with a single employee? How are you planning to set up payroll for the single employee (tax withholding/payments, workers comp, etc)?

5. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Good luck!!!! Congrats to you!

6. Grimmy

Grimmy LawnSite Member

Best to you. Now thats what I call excellent growth.
    Passion will take you farther than your strength.:walking: