great gutter cleaning attachment 2 story high safe blower vacuum

OP
R

roody2333

LawnSite Bronze Member
gotta give credit where it's due, as mentioned I watched a ton of the gutter attachment videos mostly looking for a commercial grade pipe that's lightweight but durable to withstand being held out on an angle to vac or blow, but doesn't seem to exist,

as mentioned using grey 2-3" conduit pipe was definitely doable but not practical.

Then I saw either of these 2 vids and realized just 2 gutter downspouts stuffed together is perfect.
Then I brought my blower into the Lowes to figure out how I was going to connect it all, was thinking black corrugated drainage pipe at first and lots of tape but just so happens those rubber couplings fit perfectly the blower tube and the shop vac hose. have fun

DMT29

LawnSite Fanatic
This is definitely a cool idea and will have it's place. Will work great for people that get their gutters cleaned on a yearly basis. I get calls from neighbors of customers that haven't cleaned them in years. Experience tells me this system will not get them razor clean. There will be muck, rotten leaves, twigs, and shingle aggregate that will create quite a unique paste. That has to be removed by hand first, then blown clean. And for jobs like that, I want to use my eyeballs to make sure corners and any other places of possible clogging are clean.

OP
R

roody2333

LawnSite Bronze Member
^ vacuuming might work for the neglected ones,

check videos like sky vac in England is popular, somehow it doesn't clog much or at all and they're pulling clumps with saplings growing out of it.

then follow up with the washing method if hose isn't winterized

Top Forums