1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

    Dismiss Notice

Green ooze for tires - what's it called?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LawnLad, Jul 1, 2002.

  1. LawnLad

    LawnLad LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 738

    Does anyone know the name of the green ooze stuff you can put in your pneumatic tires to reduce minor puncture leaks? I've seen it at trade shows before.

    Where can you buy it? Is it worth it or would you pass on the stuff from experience?

    It seems we've had a rash of flat tires and leaks this year - thinking this might be helpful. Thanks!
  2. 65hoss

    65hoss LawnSite Fanatic
    Messages: 6,360

    Slime. I've seen it at Wally World before. It works good. I've had it in my lazer tires since the day I bought it new in 2000. Haven't had but 1 flat tire since and that was due to a piece of wire in the sidewall 1/2 the diameter of a pencil.
  3. P&J Lawncare

    P&J Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 531

    Auto zone,meijer's just about any auto store and I think j thomas has jackel sealer (about the same as slime)

Share This Page